Rodzaj studiów:I stopnia (licencjackie)
Czas trwania studiów:3 lata (6 semestrów)
Do you want to not only improve your English language skills, but also get to know the cultures, politics and business environment of the ‘Anglosphere’? The English Studies specialisation in International Relations addresses these needs. We offer a unique and research-oriented study programme designed to provide you the in-depth knowledge of the culture, politics, society and economy of the core English-speaking countries––the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Moreover, we will equip you with the linguistic skills and knowledge of English-speaking countries necessary to work in an international environment. The courses give an overview of the main social, political and historical processes that have taken place and are still taking place in the ‘Anglosphere’. You will study with diplomacy practitioners, advisers of many international institutions, researchers and experts in various fields of international relations from Poland, the UK and Canada specialising in English-speaking countries. The courses are taught in English. The study programme is supervised by Katarzyna Skiert-Andrzejuk, MA.
The required level of English language proficiency is IELTS 6.5 (B2 according to the CEFR scale) as well as successfully passed admission interview – via Skype or in person.
Let’s hit the books and learn the ropes of English Studies!
You will acquire the following competences:
- you will strengthen your active and passive English language skills
- you will understand and recognise the cultural diversity of the ‘Anglosphere’
- you will understand historical and political processes taking place in English-speaking countries
- you will know how to interpret and analyse the social and cultural processes taking place in the ‘Anglosphere’
- you will master your knowledge about the international relations processes
- you will acquire skills essential for an international relations specialist or a future diplomat
- EU, UN, NATO institutions;
- Departments of international cooperation of a corporation, state administration institutions, local self-government;
- Media (press, radio, Internet);
- Advanced service sector requiring English language skills;
- Non-governmental organisations.