Join an international network of over a thousand entrepreneurial, dynamic scientists, PhD students and innovators from 75 countries. Take three minutes to explain your idea on how to break down an existing wall – in science, technology, or society. Convince the jury with your idea and go to the Final in Berlin. Apply by 30th June. It’ll be worth it!
Falling Walls is currently one of the largest networking platforms in the world, comprised of representatives of academia. Their common goal is to overcome existing limitations.
The winner of Warsaw’s Falling Walls Lab will travel to Berlin for a chance to win the title of “Breakthrough Winner of the Year” in the “Emerging Talents” category, attend the Falling Walls conference (7th-9th November 2022), as well as workshops and meet-ups specially organised for winners from all participating countries. The video of the pitch at the Finale in Berlin will be available at the Falling Walls online content library, which will increase the visibility of the innovator and his/her idea in the global community. Participants of the Finale in Germany’s capital city also become part of the Falling Walls Connect global network, which currently connects over one thousand innovators from all over the world.
Apply by 30th June and take part in a presentation workshop
If you register by 30th June 2022, you’ll receive an invitation to an individual consultation on enhancing your professional image.
You can also apply later – until 15th August 2022. However, consultations are only available to those who apply by 30th June.
Representatives within all disciplines can apply for the competition: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, medical and health sciences, agriculture, social sciences, arts and humanities. It only takes 10 minutes to fill out the online form.
Applicants must fulfil one of the following requirements:
- Hold a PhD which must have been received no more than 5 years ago (i.e., after 01/01/2017),
- Hold a master’s degree which must have been received no more than 7 years ago (i.e., after 01/01/2015),
- Hold a bachelor’s degree which must have been received no more than 10 years ago (i.e., after 01/01/2012),
- currently be a student or a postdoc.
The Final will take place on 15th September at the Warsaw University of Technology
A maximum of 20 innovators will qualify for the Falling Walls Lab competition finale in Warsaw, who will then present their ideas in the form of 3-minute presentations in English to an international jury on 15th September 2022.
Why is it worth to apply?
Falling Walls is the unique global hub connecting science, business, and society.
- Win a trip to Berlin (travel and accommodation included)
- Participate in the global Falling Walls Lab Finale (November 7, 2022) in Berlin
- Receive a ticket to the prestigious Falling Walls Science Summit (November 7-9, 2022), where leaders in science, industry, and policymaking meet and discuss which walls will be the next to fall in science and society
- Take part in an exclusive extended program (the extended program events in past years have included a Springer Nature event on science publishing, an ‘Insights into German Research’ information session and science excursion, a networking dinner, etc.)
- Gain access to inspiring braindates with other Falling Walls Science Summit participants
- Increase your innovative project’s global reach and visibility with a pitch video in the Falling Walls content library
- Join the global Falling Walls community platform Falling Walls Connect
Falling Walls Lab Warsaw – great minds, 3 minutes, 1 day
Falling Walls Lab is a world-class pitch competition, networking forum, and steppingstone that brings together a diverse and interdisciplinary pool of students and early-career professionals by providing a stage for breakthrough ideas both globally and locally. The initiator and organiser of Falling Walls Lab in Warsaw is pro science, largest specialist PR agency in Poland dedicated to working with the science, R&D, and education communities, and the host of the competition is the Warsaw University of Technology. The initiative is coordinated internationally by the Falling Walls Foundation, based in Berlin, which for the past 14 has worked with the support of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Robert Bosch Foundation, as well as numerous academic institutions, foundations, and enterprises.
See which scientists are involved in the event: https://falling-walls.com/foundation/trustees/
See the video from last year’s finale in Berlin: https://youtu.be/Yt0zenn0uRw
More information: www.fallingwallslab.pl
- Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Patent Office of the Republic of Poland
- The ENHANCE Alliance: The Technical University of Berlin, RWTH Aachen University, the Chalmers University of Technology, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), the Polytechnic University in Milan, Valencia Polytechnic University, the Warsaw University of Technology
- The Association of Top 500 Innovators
- The Polish Association of Canters for Technology Transfer PACTT
- The Foundation for Technology Entrepreneurship
- The Polish Business and Innovation Canters Association in Poland
- The Polish-U.S. Fulbright Commission
- Polish Science Contact Agency “PolSCA” of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Brussels
- The Polish Women Scientists Network
- ML in PL Association
- The PFR School of Pioneers
- The National Information Processing Institute – National Research Institute
- The Science PRO Foundation
- The Association for PhD Candidates and PhD Career Development “PolDoc”
- The Polonium Foundation
- Marsz dla Nauki Foundation