The editors of the scientific yearbook “Zoon Politikon,” published by Collegium Civitas, invite you to submit articles for the journal issue 15/2024. The topic of the following year’s volume will be the broadly understood subject of gender. Deadline for submitting texts: November 30, 2023. For the publication, you can receive 40 points according to the Ministry of Education and Science list.
As part of the new issue of the magazine “Zoon Politikon” (15/2024), we want to look for an answer to the question of what problems – but also benefits – we have with gender in contemporary Poland. What are we trying to escape from, and what do we see agency in? What are the fears and hopes of addressing this research perspective? How to cultivate and develop gender studies in contemporary Poland? What scientific and research strategies to use to prove their usefulness? What is the focus of modern research or built theories? What burning issues do they address? What do they contribute to building social theories or changing contemporary paradigms?
The aim of this issue of the journal is, therefore, an attempt to show the richness of Polish research projects in the field of gender studies, taking into account the diversity of perspectives related to, among others, the following areas:
- gender studies in Poland: key concepts, research, and results;
- links between gender studies and intersectional studies; gender and issues of class, race, ethnicity, sexuality, disability, etc.;
- gender studies and postcolonial and decolonial criticism;
- gender and migration studies;
- gender and the issues of animal studies and relations with non-humans; ecofeminism and animal rights;
- sexuality, LGBTQ+ issues, and the links between gender and queer studies;
- transformations of intimacy and family practices from a gender perspective; new families and new intimacies; new reproductive technologies from a gender perspective;
- social movements from the gender perspective, politics and areas of activity of feminist movements, analysis of anti-gender movements, the specificity of Polish anti-gender movements in comparison to other countries, the specificity of Polish #metoo;
- epistemology and methodology of gender studies and its impact on social sciences;
- gender studies from the point of view of the sociology of knowledge: conducting research related to gender and its consequences for individuals and social groups;
- sexual, gender, and intimate citizenship;
- fluidity and performativity of gender/sexuality and identity; non-binary and gender; transgender and gender;
- the issue of translation and reception of gender and queer studies in non-Western geopolitical contexts;
- criticism and areas of exclusion within gender studies and feminisms, e.g., transphobia or biphobia;
- a gender perspective on artificial intelligence (AI, Chat GPT).
Texts in Polish or English should be sent via the journal’s website by November 30, 2023:
Articles with a length of 6-10 thousand words should be prepared, considering the journal’s technical requirements. Each article will undergo a standard review procedure (double blind-review).
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the editors: Dr. hab. Joanna Mizielińska, prof. CC (email@example.com) or Dr. Agata Stasińska (firstname.lastname@example.org, or for technical matters, the editorial secretary: Dr. Mariusz Finkielsztein (Mariusz.finkielsztein@civitas .edu.pl).